Although stress is a natural mechanism designed to keep us prepared for challenges, most modern lifestyles add more daily stress than our bodies are made to handle. In fact, studies have shown that modern, everyday stresses, if left unchecked, can negatively impact our health! In the third part of my Relieving Stress series, I’ve included some additional suggestions to help you alleviate some of the stress in your life.
Beethoven said, “Music is the electrical soil in which the spirit lives, thinks, and invents.” Studies have shown that listening to classical music like Mozart can help your kid’s concentration during homework. Diffuse some of the following essential oils while listening to soothing music and you’ve created a sensory-nourishing environment for clarity and focus:
- Clarity™ clears you mind and restores mental alertness.
- Brain Power™ clarifies thought and gives greater focus.
- Common Sense™ boosts decision-making ability.
Essential Oil Roll-Ons
Use the new Aroma Diffuser or apply the following oils topically to help calm and uplift. You can even create your own blend of two or three oils to create a custom, stress-relieving effect.
- Roman Chamomile has calming and relaxing properties.
- Sandalwood encourages deeper meditation.
- Neroli encourages confidence, hopefulness, and peace.
- Lavender calms the mind and body.
- Cedarwood promotes relaxation, balance, and increased mental focus.
- Valerian was historically regarded for its calming properties.
- Ylang Ylang relaxes the mind and uplifts emotions.
Please leave a comment below and share how you use essential oils to help relieve stress in your life!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, YL International and Portfolio Brand Manager