Eating better is one of the simplest and most fruitful ways to improve your overall health and well-being. If we are what we eat, then adding the potent and healthful constituents found in Young Living essential oils to your daily diet can be an easy and delicious way to improve your health and energy.
March is the American Dietetic Association’s National Nutrition Month, and what better way to incorporate their theme to enjoy the taste of eating right into your life than to enhance the flavors of your dishes with Young Living essential oils?
Here are just a few examples of how you can add richness and flavor to your cooking and food preparation by including Young Living essential oils:
For a delicious way to load your body with nutrients, add the following superfoods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and Young Living essential oils to your next smoothie:
- Fruit: bananas, blueberries, apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Leafy greens: spinach, kale, Swiss chard, or even broccoli
- Almond milk or ice
- Flax or chia seeds
- Spirulina: a great source of protein
- Coconut: fresh coconut flesh or coconut milk
- Bee pollen: one of the most complete foods found in nature
- Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete: 2 scoops (8 oz.)
- 1–2 drops of Young Living’s Lemon, Frankincense, and Ocotea essential oils
- To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add Young Living’s Blue Agave or Stevia Extract
Essential Oil-Infused Olive Oil
- Infuse a bottle of extra virgin olive oil with herbs and a few drops of Young Living’s Basil, Black Pepper, Dill, Lemon, Fennel, Clove, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Rosemary, Oregano, Tarragon, or Thyme essential oils to make fantastic salad dressings, a drizzle over pasta dishes, a dip for artisan bread, or a marinade for your favorite meats and vegetables. Essential oil-infused olive oil also makes a great gift or party favor.
- Add some fresh, diced mint or carrots along with a few drops of Young Living’s Lemon or Basil essential oil to your rice, bulgur, quinoa, or couscous side dish for enhanced flavor.
Leave a comment below to share ways that you use Young Living essential oils in your food preparation or cooking!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, International and Portfolio Brand Manager