Are you running on fumes? Most of us have so many demands on our time that we find our energy waning throughout the day. Your energy levels can make or break your day, so here are six simple suggestions that will turn a small amount of effort into a big return:
- Bring on the Shutran. Rolling on Shutran™ essential oil blend is a quick and easy step. Although Shutran is designed as an aroma for men, women can enjoy its beneficial properties, too! In particular, Shutran features Young Living’s exclusive Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil, which can help put the bounce back in your step by invigorating both the body and mind.
- Drink Up. Water and energy go hand-in-hand. Therefore, it is no surprise that Americans are dehydrated and that they complain of being tired. Carry a water bottle with you that you can refill, and make sure that it has a spout. I find I naturally drink more water if my bottle has one.
- Let the Sunshine In. Increasing your exposure to light, especially the sun, can improve energy, so open the blinds or turn on an extra light at your workplace. Be aware that for a small percentage of the population, the relationship between sunlight and mood may need extra consideration; if you find that your lack of energy is accompanied by seasonal depression, you might want to explore talking with a doctor and trying light therapy.
- Lighten up Lunch. Your body’s circadian rhythm naturally winds down in the afternoon. When you combine that with a heavy lunch, your body will focus on digestion with very little left to keep your mind sharp or even awake. A good rule of thumb is to keep your lunches around 500 calories.
- Get a Little Nutty. Munch on a handful of walnuts or flaxseed. Studies show that the omega-3s in these healthy snacks will boost your body’s natural energy.
- Liven it Up. Get your juices flowing with lively music! Sports psychologists have found that lively music helps relieve stress and fight fatigue.
When you head out the door for your workday, toss a bag of nuts, a water bottle, headphones, and a bottle of Shutran in your bag. Soak in the sunshine and pack a lighter lunch. These steps may be simple, but they will increase your energy, help you be more productive, and make your day great!
—Gloria Russo, International and Portfolio Brand Manager, Personal Care