Ever get the afternoon doldrums? I usually hit a stretch in the late afternoon when I need a little extra energy to get through the rest of the day. I’ve found that inhaling essential oils directly from the bottle gives me a boost and helps clear my mind. I frequently inhale Peppermint and diffuse Jade Lemon from the Exotic Oils Collection. Adding Roller Fitments to neat or diluted bottles of oil also provides me with a quick and easy way to apply oils to my wrists, behind my ears, or even on the bottoms of my feet, where I find application to be the most effective.
Whether you are at work, school, or doing afternoon homework, there are numerous ways that using essential oils can help wake you up and refresh your mind. Here are a few oils perfect for an afternoon lift:
- Citrus oils like Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Tangerine, and Citrus Fresh™ are uplifting, revitalizing, and help encourage positive emotions.
- Conifer tree oils like Idaho Ponderosa Pine and White Light™ (both found in the Exotic Oils Collection), Cypress, Idaho Balsam Fir, Idaho Blue Spruce, Juniper, and Evergreen Essence™ have unique combinations of monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes that stimulate the mind.
- Hong Kuai helps stimulate confidence, clarity, intuition, and action.
- Black Pepper can refresh the brain.
- Motivation™ helps you overcome procrastination and take action.
- Brain Power™ clarifies thought and focus.
- Common Sense™ enhances decision making.
- Rosemary improves mental clarity and concentration.
- Build Your Dream™ helps inspire confidence, clarity, and focus.
- Believe™ provides feelings of strength and faith.
- Grounding™ supports clarity and balance.
- Dream Catcher™ helps you realize your desires.
- Highest Potential™ improves self-confidence and purpose in life.
Which Young Living essential oils do you use to help keep your mind sharp at work or in school? Share your ideas below!
—Heidi Jeanfreau, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Manager